Download and view the user guide for Favorites here How to use and transfer favorites in smarttruckroute.
In SmartTruckRoute version 1 destinations can be saved using the Favorites menu. If you need to import favorites from SmartTruckRoute (version 1) into SmartTruckRoute Ver 2, please see further down on this page.
For SmartTruckRoute Version 1 your favorites can be backed up and restored using the same circular two arrow icon located next to the search bar. Favorites are stored on your the Google Drive associated with your phone in the folder called SmartTruckRoute.
To save your favorites when you are ready to transfer your phone information:
1. Go to the Favorites tab.
2. Tap the green sync arrow icon (on the top right next to search)
3. Select Backup
To restore your favorites on SmartTruckRoute Version 1 on the same phone or on your new phone
1. Go to Tab favorites
2. Tap the green sync arrow icon
3. Select Restore
If your new phone is using a different email address from your original phone or if you are a fleet manager and want to"push" the favorites to another driver, follow the procedure below:
Transferring from Phone 1 to Phone 2 Using Different Email Addresses
1. Using a desktop or laptop computer, open the Google Drive of Phone 1
2. Select the file SmartTruckRoute/favorites.way and rename to favorites2.way.txt
3. Right click on the file and select Open With/Connect more apps and select app called Drive Notepad
4. After installing Drive Notepad editor open file favorites2.way.txt and copy entire contents of the text file
5. Close Google drive of Phone 1
6. Open Google Drive of Phone 2
7. Go to SmartTruckRoute/favorites2.way and rename to favorites2.way.txt
8. Right click on the file favorites2.way.txt and open.
9. Paste addresses stored in the Clipboard from Phone 1 to Phone 2. 10. Save favorites2.way.txt on the Google Drive of Phone 2.
11. On Phone 2, activate the SmartTruckRoute app, Select Favorites tab, Tap Sync icon, tap"Restore".
12. All favorites should now appear on Phone 2.
Importing Favorites from SmartTruckRoute to SmartTruckRoute Ver 2:
Note: This process relies on your Google Cloud account which is a default on your device. If you changed your email address that may have resulted in a new Google Cloud account. For the import to work, you must be using the same account.
1. First, backup your favorites from SmartTruckRoute Version 1(original version)
2. Open SmartTruckRoute Ver 2
3. Tap the "heart" icon (top right)
4. Tap the "cloud" icon to enable Google Cloud sync. You will be prompted to select your Google Cloud account. Upon completion of the sync, the cloud icon will turn solid black.
5. Tap the three dots top right (next to the cloud), tap "Import"
6. Select "OK"
7. Tap OK to import. If you successfully exported favorites from SmartTruckRoute (original) those favorites will now appear in SmartTruckRoute Ver 2.